Key Metrics: Third Quarter
- Revenue increased by 35% year-over-year to Rs 8,849 million.
- Gross profit increased by 62% year-over-year to Rs 2,610 million. Gross margin at 29.5% and improved by 486 basis points year-over-year.
- EBITDA increased by 60% year-over-year to Rs 2,028 million. EBITDA at 22.9 % and improved by 352 basis points year-over-year.
- Profit after tax increased by 69% year-over-year to Rs 1,580 million.
- Earnings per share increased by 70% to Rs 11.66.
- Free cash flow at Rs 302 million and Cash & Cash Equivalents at Rs 8,807 million.
Key Metrics: Nine Months
- Revenue increased by 39% year-over-year to Rs 23,529 million.
- Gross profit increased by 66% year-over-year to Rs 6,647 million. Gross margin at 28.2% and improved by 457 basis points year-over-year.
- EBITDA increased by 72% year-over-year to Rs 5,161 million. EBITDA at 21.9% and improved by 425 basis points year-over-year.
- Profit after tax increased by 57% year-over-year to Rs 3,987 million.
- Earnings per share increased by 65% to Rs 29.37.
- Free cash flow at Rs 3,804 million.
Uday Reddy, Founder Chairman & CEO, Tanla Platforms Limited said, “Tanla has delivered year-on-year growth for 22 quarters in a row with a very strong performance in the quarter across all metrics, and we are confident this momentum will continue.”
Significant events during the quarter:
- Tanla and Vodafone Idea Limited (Vi) entered into an exclusive multi-year partnership for deployment of patented block-chain enabled Wisely Platform to secure, encrypt and enhance performance for the entire international messaging traffic on the Vi network.
- Onboarded two of the top ten Indian banks for secure and critical notification service on Wisely.
- Trubloq, our DLT platform crossed 31bn transactions in December 2021, handling more than 1bn transaction a day.
- Tanla has been included in Nifty India Digital Index, newly launched by NSE to track stocks broadly representing digital theme.
- The customer base has expanded with addition of 77 new customers. Revenue from > Rs10Mn+ customers grew by 36% year-over-year.
- As part of our net zero journey, we have measured our baseline carbon footprint and are working towards achieving commendable USGBC certifications for our new premises.
Invitation to conference:
Tanla will host a conference call and live webcast to discuss the financial results.
Conference call details:
The conference call will begin at 4.30 PM IST on January 24, 2022. Interested parties may listen to the call by dialing +91 22 6280 1141 / +91 22 7115 8042, or if outside India, by dialing toll-free number UK 08081011573, USA 18667462133, Hong Kong 800964448, and Singapore 8001012045. The live audio webcast link will be available on the Tanla website.